AutoRepairGroup.be makes every effort to respect and protect your privacy. “AutoRepairGroup.be” includes the companies AutoRepairGroup.be BV, Care Carrosserie BV and AFRIMA BV. (hereinafter also referred to as “We” or “Us”).
This privacy statement (hereinafter referred to as the "Privacy Statement") applies, among other things, to (i) our website www.AutoRepairGroup.be (hereinafter referred to as the "Website") and (ii) all (commercial) relationships between AutoRepairGroup.be and its customers, prospects and business partners.
In this Privacy Statement We provide more information about what data We collect, but also how We process and use it to be able to offer Our services to you.
AutoRepairGroup.be falls under the scope of (i) the Belgian law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and/or (ii) the EU Regulation of 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to with the processing of personal data concerning the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC. The latter is better known as the 'GDPR' or the 'GDPR'. (hereinafter jointly the “Privacy Legislation”)
When you provide personal data to AutoRepairGroup.be, for example by contacting Us or entering into an agreement with Us, We will treat the personal data received as stipulated in this Privacy Statement.
Using the services, purchasing products as well as visiting the Website or our affiliates or any other communication implies your explicit approval of the Privacy Statement and thus of the way in which AutoRepairGroup.be collects, uses, processes and secures your personal data.
Please read this Privacy Statement in conjunction with any other terms and conditions that (may) apply to the use of the Website.
2. Personal data
If you have contact with AutoRepairGroup.be (e.g. by telephone, visit our Website, purchase products or services, etc.), we collect your personal data to make our services possible, but above all to provide you with a positive customer experience.
I. Method of Collection
AutoRepairGroup.be collects personal data from or in the context of:
- Telephone contact with our Customer Contact Center;
- Visit of our branches;
- Your customer relationship with AutoRepairGroup.be;
- Use of the Website (both mere surfing and also filling in the contact form or using the chat box);
- Personal data obtained from fleet, lease and/or insurance companies with a view to the correct and efficient handling of your file;
- Mutual exchange within AutoRepairGroup.be;
- Other correspondence with AutoRepairGroup.be.
AutoRepairGroup.be also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. For example, AutoRepairGroup.be will automatically log which parts of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you accessed the Website. We cannot identify you on the basis of this data, but it allows AutoRepairGroup.be to compile statistics regarding the use of the Website.
Depending on your relationship with Us and the way in which you contacted Us, AutoRepairGroup.be has collected one or more of the following personal data from you.
- Contact Information: First name, name, address, e-mail, telephone number (landline/mobile), gender, language, employer, call recording, information provided when reading the identity card, driver's license
- Information specific to or related to the vehicle: chassis number, brand, model, version, year of construction, insurance form, policy number, insurer, insurance broker, date/cause of the accident, registration number (proof), photo of the damage
- Financial information: Payment/billing information, Payment history, Payment arrears
- Customer information: direct marketing preference (opt-in/opt-out), purchase history, customer number, job history, job information (type of assignment, price, place of execution)
III. Use personal data
AutoRepairGroup.be can use your personal data for:
- The (efficient) execution of the agreement;
- providing customer service;
- Building a customer relationship;
- Verifying your details with your insurer, fleet or lease company and/or broker;
- In the context of customer management to invoice you and/or your insurance, fleet and/or leasing company for services We have provided to you;
- To improve our services as well as those performed by service providers, mainly by contacting you for Our customer survey;
- Answering a question asked by you;
- customer inbox;
- By phone.
- Sending physical/electronic non-commercial communications;
- direct marketing;
- customer reviews;
- Mutual exchange within AutoRepairGroup.be to achieve one of the aforementioned goals;
- Any other necessary activity in the context of the services of AutoRepairGroup.be.
If you receive unwanted newsletters and/or direct marketing from AutoRepairGroup.be, be sure to read the section “Your privacy rights”.
IV. Legal basis
A. What legal grounds
The processing of your personal data takes place on the basis of a certain legal ground:
- The processing is necessary for the execution of the agreement with AutoRepairGroup.be or to take measures at your request before the conclusion of an agreement;
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation resting on AutoRepairGroup.be;
- The processing is necessary for the representation of the legitimate interests of AutoRepairGroup.be or of a third party, except when your interests or fundamental rights and your fundamental freedoms that require the protection of personal data outweigh those interests (in particular if you are a minor). .
- You have given permission for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
B. Processing based on explicit consent
AutoRepairGroup.be will request your explicit permission if AutoRepairGroup.be does not need your personal data in the context of the execution of the agreement, there is no legal obligation on AutoRepairGroup.be and AutoRepairGroup.be's legitimate interest does not outweigh your rights and fundamental rights. freedoms.
AutoRepairGroup.be will ask for your permission in the following cases:
- Sending newsletters, invitations to competitions, promotions and other benefits by AutoRepairGroup.be to prospects and customers;
- To provide your data with an unfinished booking and/or pre-fill this data in the last phase of the booking funnel;
- To notify you on the basis of previously purchased products as soon as the product expires or may be worn out;
- Sending interesting offers from external partners of AutoRepairGroup.be;
- In the context of the organization of an event;
- Insofar as you have consented to the use of the data in a certain way, you can revoke it at any time with effect for the future (see 'your privacy rights').
Your consent can be withdrawn by sending a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need it for our business operations, unless a longer retention period is required for compliance with another legal provision. The retention period of your personal data is determined by the intended purpose and the legal basis on which the processing of the personal data is based.
How long your personal data is stored varies depending on the purpose for which We collect and process the data in question. In general, We will keep the personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes, as described under the section “Use of personal data”.
Depending on the fact that the processing is based on a specific legal basis, this will also determine the retention period of the personal data:
- Legal obligation: the law determines the retention period during which the personal data may be kept;
- Execution of the agreement: the retention period is equal to the duration of the agreement between AutoRepairGroup.be and the person concerned, taking into account Our warranty conditions;
- Legitimate interest: the retention period will be determined by means of a proportional weighing between the interests of AutoRepairGroup.be and the rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject;
After the retention period has expired, the personal data will be deleted or anonymised. AutoRepairGroup.be provides a mechanism to verify whether the personal data is indeed inaccessible after the established retention periods have expired.
If you would like to know more about this or if you wish to object to the storage of your personal data, be sure to read the section “Your privacy rights”.
3. Use of anonymized data
AutoRepairGroup.be has the right to anonymize the data collected about you; This means that we can no longer trace your identity in any way. We will only use this information for statistical purposes.
AutoRepairGroup.be also has the right to make the anonymized data available to third parties.
4. Transfer of personal data to third parties / Receipt from third parties
I. Transfer to third parties
AutoRepairGroup.be will only pass on your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to fulfill our agreements or to provide a service to you, if it is required by law or if you have given your permission for this. If it is necessary in this context that We pass on your personal data to third parties, We impose obligations on the third party that protect your privacy rights as much as possible.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
By providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that We may share your personal data with third parties, including in the following cases:
- The third party is your insurance company, broker, lease or fleet company.
- To verify your details with your insurer, lease company and/or broker;
- To handle your claim under your policy and/or to obtain payment from your insurance, lease and/or fleet company for the services we have provided to you;
- To prevent fraud and/or to generally improve our service to your insurance, lease and/or fleet company for the benefit of you and other policyholders or customers.
- We directly or indirectly use external service providers.
- Suppliers who assist us in processing payments or invoicing;
- Third parties who assist us in obtaining payment of our invoices;
- Third party service providers who forward information collected in our affiliates or via mobile devices to Our information system;
- Third party service providers who assist Us with Our customer satisfaction surveys. We want to use the results of these surveys to develop and improve our service. Your insurer may want Us to share the result of your response;
- Third party service providers assisting Us with IT matters;
- Third party service providers who assist Us in monitoring the quality of our Customer Contact Center;
- Forwarding your call at peak times to an external Customer Contact Center to make your appointment with Us.
- Mutual exchange within AutoRepairGroup.be to provide you with an even faster and efficient service.
- You have explicitly given your consent to share your personal data with certain third parties.
- We have a legal, judicial/arbitral, regulatory or professional obligation to transfer your personal data.
- To fulfill our obligations to the tax authorities;
- To indicate possible criminal offenses or dangers to public security by AutoRepairGroup.be and the forwarding of the relevant personal data at the request of the competent authorities (police, State Security, etc.)
- To protect our rights, property, or safety of our company, employees or others.
- In the event that AutoRepairGroup.be, or virtually all of its assets, is merged or taken over by an external party, and your personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
- In the event we pass on anonymous statistical information about the use of the Website and related usage information to reputable third parties.
II. Reception from third parties
The third parties from whom We receive your personal data guarantee Us that they have informed you about this. We have always made the necessary agreements regarding privacy with these third parties. These third parties are the insurance companies, lease and fleet companies. We only use this personal data to:
- verify your details with your insurer, lease company and/or broker;
- to handle your claim under your policy and/or to obtain payment from your insurance, lease and/or fleet company for the services we have provided to you;
5. Communication with/from AutoRepairGroup.be
I. Phone calls from/to AutoRepairGroup.be
We generally record all inbound and outbound telephone calls with our customers to and from both Our Customer Contact Center and the externally appointed Customer Contact Center for coaching and quality purposes. These recordings are kept for a maximum of 3 months.
II. Email, SMS and other electronic messages
We may contact you by email, text message or other means of communication regarding your booking, including a reminder for your appointment by email or text message.
Unless you have asked us not to, we may contact you about our services and products by post, email, text message or other physical or electronic means.
6. Your privacy rights
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights, as determined by law and listed below, please contact email@example.com.
You have the following privacy rights:
- Right to access your personal data that We hold about you;
- Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data;
- Right to erasure of your personal data ('right to be forgotten');
- Right to restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Right to portability of your personal data;
- Right to object/oppose the processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights free of charge by sending an e-mail to the above-mentioned e-mail address.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about our services, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button, as provided at the bottom of every e-mail from AutoRepairGroup.be.
Please note that by continuing to use our services or the Website and by submitting personal information to Us through the Website or otherwise or by emailing us at addresses listed on the Website, you consent to Our use of your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. Please do not provide us with personal data if you do not want it to be used in this way.
AutoRepairGroup.be takes reasonable physical, technological and organizational precautions to protect your personal data and in particular to prevent (i) unauthorized access to your personal data, as well as (ii) loss, misuse or unlawful alteration of your personal data.
More specifically, AutoRepairGroup.be takes the following security measures to limit the risks of misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data:
- Logical access control;
- Physical access control
- encryption (encryption) of passwords and of the storage files;
- Multi-factor authentication for web applications;
- network connection security;
- Web application Firewall;
- Anti virus;
- Security awareness training for AutoRepairGroup.be employees;
- Network segmentation
- Targeted Access Restrictions and Compliance Controls.
Notwithstanding (i) the security policy of AutoRepairGroup.be (ii) the checks it carries out and (iii) the actions it takes in this context, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. No method of transmission or transmission over the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so AutoRepairGroup.be cannot guarantee absolute security in this regard.
8. Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient domiciled or domiciled in a country not covered by an adequacy decision issued by the European Commission will be governed by provisions of a processing agreement, which either (i) will contain the standard contractual clauses as set out in the 'Decision of the European Commission of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) provide appropriate safeguards through any other mechanism under the Privacy Legislation or any other regulations regarding the processing of personal data.
9. Update Privacy Statement
AutoRepairGroup.be is entitled to update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on the Website. In this context, it is strongly recommended that you regularly consult the Website and the relevant page on which the Privacy Statement is displayed to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
10. Links to other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be going to another website or internet resource that may collect information about you knowingly or through cookies or other technologies. AutoRepairGroup.be bears no responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet sources, nor over their collection, use and dissemination of your personal data. You should check the Privacy Statement of these other websites and internet sources yourself so that you can judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
The provisions of this Privacy Statement do not apply insofar as the Website only provides access to applications and/or content of third parties and these applications and/or content have been expressly considered not to fall under the responsibility of AutoRepairGroup.be by AutoRepairGroup.be. is characterized.
If you have complaints about the way in which AutoRepairGroup.be collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, you can lodge an appeal with the court or file a complaint with the data protection authority.
Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35
12. Contact AutoRepairGroup.be
If you have any questions about the Privacy Statement or about the way in which AutoRepairGroup.be collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Neringenweg 44 – 3001 Heverlee, for the attention of Privacy.